HOW TO GET TO SANDAKAN
- By flights - You can fly to Sandakan direct from Kuala Lumpur, Kota Kinabalu or Tawau. Please visit www.airasia.com or www.malaysiaairlines.com.my to book flights.
- By land - You can come to Sandakan by express bus from Kota Kinabalu (6hours), Mt. Kinabalu National Park (4 hours), Lahad Datu (4 hours), Tawau (7 hours) and Semporna (6hours).
- Sandakan is 8 hours ahead of GMT.
- Ringgit Malaysia (RM) is the Malaysian unit of currency. The currency comes into notes of RM1, RM2, RM5, RM10, RM50 and RM100. Besides, coins are issued in 5 cents, 10 cents, 20 cents, and 50 cents denominations.
- Average around 32 degree celcius and humidity can reach up to 95% throught the year. Monsoon season is from November until February where we will expect more rain compared to other months.
- Clothing made of cotton are suitable because Malaysia's climate is generally hot and humid.
- For outdoor activities, please bring along comfortable light clothing, swim wear, towel, binocular, sun block lotion, personal toiletries, insect repellent, torchlight, hat, leech sock, walking shoes, sandal & raincoat.